This five-day workshop is an introduction to the concepts, language, and tools of Adobe Photoshop. Participants master the basics of navigation, selection tools, copy and paste functions, image adjustment tools, layers and photo compositing and filters for interesting visual effects.
Through discussion, demonstration, and hands-on application, we explore image adjustment and retouching techniques. We also investigate resolution as it relates to images originating from scanners and digital cameras.
This solid introduction gives participants a complete understanding of Photoshop, giving them the techniques necessary for creative experimentation and project work. Over the course of the week, participants will learn how to:
- · fine-tune the computer to best run Photoshop
- · navigate to, and explore, all the tools within the tool palette
- · define and manipulate selections
- · copy, paste and use drag-and-drop editing
- · adjust images for tone and color using levels and curves
- · navigate within the program using layers, channels, and palettes
- · utilize quick mask
- · use photo-retouching techniques
- · create image and type layers, and much more.
If you are a beginner or a self-taught user, this workshop will provide a foundation from which to build your confidence in using this powerful image-processing software to the utmost advantage.
We will be happy to process your application by phone and answer any questions regarding enrolment, accommodation and travel. Please complete the contact form below to reserve a date, process your application and receive info regarding accommodation and travel.
San Miguel de Allende
Gto., Mexico 37700
US phone: 1-973-685-4239
Local Mexico: 415 152 3741
All images © Vidargas Photography